Unexpectly short DHT entry lifetime

From: marty1885
Subject: Unexpectly short DHT entry lifetime
Date: Tue, 09 May 2023 06:02:46 +0000

Hi all,

I've been messing around with GNUnet and building fun applications with it. One
thing I noticed recently. Looking at the source code of gnunet-dht-put. The
default lifetime of a DHT entry should be an hour[1]. But when I run the
following command. The key `hello` is not found via the get command just 5
minutes or less later.

> gnunet-dht-put -k "hello" -d "world" # Set hello to world
> # Running immediately after set works
> gnunet-dht-get -k "hello"  -T 10000000
Result 0, type 8:
world
> sleep 300
> gnunet-dht-get -k "hello"  -T 10000000
# No key found

[1]: https://git.gnunet.org/gnunet.git/tree/src/dht/gnunet-dht-put.c#n235

Am I doing something wrong? My application needs the DHT to bootstrap group
information.

Best,
Martin