Re: GNUStep compilation problems

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUStep compilation problems
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:53:48 +0000 (GMT)

Please send all requests for help to the gnustep mailing lists ... so that
other people have a chance to reply, or to read the answers.

> Hi,
>
> I got a problem while I was trying to compile and
> install the GNUSTep using the GNUSTep build guide
> version 1.0.2.28. Iam having problems trying to
> compile gnustep-objc-1.0.1. The following is the
> problem I got.
> I cannot make head or tail out of it. ( becase Iam new
> to this environment)
>
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1obj': No
> such file or directory

This normally happens because you have not installed the Objective-C
compiler support for gcc.  Look for a package containing the Objective-C
compiler support for gcc in your distribution.

> make[2]: ***
> [shared_obj/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/Object.o] Error
> 2
> make[1]: *** [libobjc.build] Error 2
> make: *** [libobjc.all.library.variables] Error 2
>
> I have got gcc version 2.96. Can you please help me?
> Iam trying to compile this on a Linux machine running
> on Mandrake Linux 8.1( P3 733 Mhz, 256MB Ram, 40 GB
> HDD, with win 2k and win ME partitions)

I'm not familiar with this distribution, gcc 2.96 might not be working, in
which case you need to upgrade it to gcc 3.0.