Re: NSSockPort ?

From: Andy Ruder
Subject: Re: NSSockPort ?
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 14:32:15 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Chris B. Vetter" <chrisv@web4inc.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:49:53 -0400
> "Yen-Ju Chen" <yjchenx@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >   Thanx, but netclasses is designed for server, not client.
> >   I would like to use the built-in class
> >   if GNUstep already has one.
> >   I only need the simple read/write method
> >   to talk with the server via a specific port.
>
> Ah, ok. What about EDInternet?
>
>       http://213.9.24.8/viewcvs.cgi/ed/
>
> --
> Chris

Actually, netclasses will work just fine for client connections too.  There
should be an example client(an IRCbot) in the code distribution.  Setting it up
to work with cddb should not be a problem.

Just defending netclasses =)
-- Andy Ruder

P.S.  There will be a new release soon with more examples most likely.