Re: Alt key and GWorkSpace

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: Alt key and GWorkSpace
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 14:53:20 +0300 (EEST)

On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, José María Ruiz Aguilera wrote:

> I want to copy files with GWorkSpace. It's suppose to use Alt key to
> copy files but in my system doesn't work. What can I do?

In your .GNUstepDefaults, NSGlobalDomain should look something like this:

    NSGlobalDomain = {
        BundlesFromLocal = YES;
        BundlesFromSystem = YES;
        BundlesFromUser = YES;
        GSBackend = "libgnustep-art";
        GSFileBrowserHideDotFiles = 0;
        GSFirstAlternateKey = Alt_R;
        GSFirstCommandKey = Alt_L;
        GSFirstControlKey = Control_L;
        GSFontAntiAlias = YES;
        GSSecondAlternateKey = "No Symbol";
        GSSecondCommandKey = "No Symbol";
        GSSecondControlKey = Control_R;
    };

note that " GSFirstAlternateKey = Alt_R; ": in this example you can copy
pressing the left alt key while dragging and you could link pressing left
or right ctrl if this would be implemented in NSFileManager.

You can use Preferences.app to set these.