Re: making NSTableView headers editable.

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: making NSTableView headers editable.
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 09:20:22 -0700

I'm not sure. Here's the documentation for what happens when there is a double click.

------
- (void)setDoubleAction:(SEL)aSelector
Sets the message sent to the target when the user double-clicks an uneditable cell or a column header to aSelector. If the double-clicked cell is editable, this message isn't sent and the cell is edited instead. You can use this method to implement features such as sorting records according to the column that was double-clicked.
--------

It's not clear to me whether you should be able to edit the header from this. If you think there is a good reason to do so, or you can see how it works on MacOSX, it would be easy to fix it.

rburns@softhome.net wrote:

I've been having problems making the NSTableHeaderView cell editable. I've tried this:
[[mytableColumn headerViewCell] setEditable: YES]
but it didn't seem to have any effect. I was wondering, if I was going about it wrong, or if there was some missing functionality in gnustep-gui.
Rob

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you