Re: Categories and selector

From: Sébastien Pierre
Subject: Re: Categories and selector
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 18:07:49 +0100

Le lundi, 18 nov 2002, à 17:53 Europe/Paris, Pascal Bourguignon a écrit :

It feels like  a runtime problem: Did you load  the category?  Did you
link-edited it with the program?  I mean, an object file compiled from
a @implemenation MyClass(MyCategory)...

The category extends a class within the same source tree, which is built and linked at the same time. BTW, I compiled GNUstep-base 1.4.1 this afternoon on Solaris, and then compiled my program - it ran without any problem. After this I installed the same version of GNUstep-base on my Debian Linux machine, compiled my program, but sadly still got the NSInvalidArgumentException.

The only reason I see for that is that the category is not added to the class object at runtime... I wonder why this program works on MacOSX and GNUStep/Solaris, but not on GNUstep/Linux ?

Any clues ?

 -- Sébastien

--
Q: What drug makes the experience of listening to you guys so much
better? herb just isnt enough for me anymore.