gdnc disappear after an application start

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: gdnc disappear after an application start
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:09:46 -0400

Hi,

 I just install a new GNUstep on the new linux (RH 8.0),
 and I found whenever I start an application (CurrencyConverter, Ink, etc),
 the gdnc disappears.
 So when I try to quit the application,
 it will complain that notification server is not launched.
 And DnD doesn't work anymore because of the lack of gdnc.

 Is it something related to my network setting or other problem ?
 I use the latest CVS.

By the way, there are also something which may or may not relate to this problem.

 1. Ink always complain "autorelease called without pool for object
    (80e7270) of class NSObject in thread <NSThread: 80cf668>"
 2. "gdomap -N" or "gdomap -U 'GDNCServer'"
     always return "gethostbyname() failed: Success".

 Thanx.

 Yen-Ju