NSScanner can't scan ']' properly ?

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: NSScanner can't scan ']' properly ?
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 18:21:24 -0400

I try to use NSScanner to count the number of '{', '}', '[', '\n', etc.,
and the result is unexpected.
It happens specially for ']' and ')'.
Below is a test code.
Did I do something wrong ?
I also try scanString rather than scanUpToString, and it got worse.
Is there any  limitation for NSScanner, such as special character ?

Thanx.

Yen-Ju

#include <AppKit/AppKit.h>

int main(int argc, const char *argv[])
{
  NSAutoreleasePool *pool = [NSAutoreleasePool new];

  NSString *string = [NSString stringWithContentsOfFile: @"NSMatrix.m"];
  NSScanner *scanner = [NSScanner scannerWithString: string];
  NSString *ch = @"[";
  BOOL result = YES;
  unsigned location = 0;
  unsigned total = 0;

  while(result)
   {
     [scanner setScanLocation: location];
     result = [scanner scanUpToString: ch intoString: NULL];
     location = [scanner scanLocation];
     if (location >= [string length])
       break;
     location++;