texfield

From: reuss
Subject: texfield
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 20:46:00 GMT

i have a textfield with name "label"
i would like to limit user input
i created a delegate for label:

[label setDelegate: self];

i would like to limit user input to 10 chars

I was told that i should use control:textShouldBeginEditing or a custom
NSTextView class with textView:shouldChangeTextInRange:replacementString:
but I dont understand how these methods works in my case. sorry, i am a
beginner.
i could implement a (void) textDidChange: Notification and I saw the
input candidats, but when i restricted input, i lost focus in my
textfield

if someone has a short working snippet or link to accessible short sourcecode,
it
will be gracefull
thanks
anmdras