Re: Initial installation woes. No text in examples.

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Initial installation woes. No text in examples.
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:46:57 -0800

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 07:01:10 -0800
Jim <jim@kouzlo.net> wrote:
[...]
> Still no text. That's when I changed the backend from art to xlib
> and it worked.
> As an aside, I'm building this on Slackware 9.1 and the only thing
> I had to add was the 'ffcall' libraries.

I'm not familiar with SuSE as to what packages are installed by default,
but looking at the Build Guide, it doesn't seem to mention that backart
requires libart_lgpl2 be installed.

> I also had to be logged in as root, not su from user, to get a
> good build.

su doesn't (always seem to) override all environment variables, so
switching to root from a user account will 'tag along' some user
settings that may screw up the process.

--
Chris