Re: Failed to compile GNUstepWeb application......

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Failed to compile GNUstepWeb application......
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 21:33:51 +0200

David Ayers wrote:
nyap hong wrote:

[snip]
I can compile the the program after I add -nls into Examples/hello/Makefile.preamble. I manage
to run the program now!!!!!! Thanks for your help.
What is the main problem I have to modify my Examples/hello/Makefile.preamble?
My computer is running Red Hat V8.0. Attached herewith
is my config.log. Hope it will help you. Once again,
thanks for your help.

[snip]

Thanks for the feed back. It seems our libwrap test is too simple. Matt Rice and I are working on a fix to gsweb's configure machinery to make this more robust. Once we have checked it in, I'd be grateful if you could revert the change to the example's makefile, update gsweb and reinstall so that you won't have to add the test to to each project's makefile but that it will be part of the gsweb.make makefile fragment.

I've finally committed a configure patch for this. I was trying to see if I could keep (or rather resurrect) the LIBWRAP=yes build option but this gets us in a lot of trouble wrt detecting dependencies for apps. So I removed the obsolete documentation.

Thanks for the report,
David