Re: Using autoconf with GNUstep

From: Sébastien Pierre
Subject: Re: Using autoconf with GNUstep
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:04:23 +0100

Le 16 févr. 05, à 17:57, Nicola Pero a écrit :

You might need it if you want to check for a (unix?) non-gnustep library of some sort that you want to use ... in which case a good kickstart would
be to look at a very simple case ...

Yes, I actually provide some ObjC "modules" that wrap existing C libraries, which I want to check to setup the building configuration.

I'd suggest you look at dev-libs/gsgd

Thanks for the pointer !

Keep in mind that the less you use autoconf, the better, because autoconf
does tend to go wrong. ;-)

It looks quite dirty anyway, so I prefer to avoid touching these "things" ;)

 -- Sébastien

--
«Even if you're designing for professional programmers, in the end
your programming language is basically a user-interface design.»