Re: 16 bits RGB TIF support ?

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: 16 bits RGB TIF support ?
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:13:59 -0700

On Mar 7, 2005, at 1:13 PM, Christophe JALADY wrote:

Hello,

When I try to load this picture
http://christophe.jalady.free.fr/V1.2-sat281203.tif
there's no complain, but when I try to display it, I've this log
message: "Bizzare number of bits per sample 16" ; and nothing appear!
(This picture is a 16 bits per plane, RGB TIF picture.)

How to display this picture under GNUStep ?

The error message is from the xlib backend, which appears not to handle 16 bit images. The art backend might support it though. We'll have to look at fixing it for the xlib backend at least.