Re: gcc command works, GnuStep makefile fails

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: gcc command works, GnuStep makefile fails
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:15:05 +0200

Sergei Gnezdov wrote:
The following command compiles a simple Hello world program (yes, I
want to include mysql):

gcc Source.m -lobjc -lpthread -lmysqlclient -lz -L/usr/local/lib/mysql

The following GNUmakefile compiles the same file, but application
crashes.  It started to crash, when I added mysql to GNUmakefile:

-----
include ${GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES}/common.make

ADDITIONAL_OBJCFLAGS= -Wno-import -Wall

TOOL_NAME = app
app_OBJC_FILES = Source.m
app_INCLUDE_DIRS = -I/usr/local/include/mysql
app_TOOL_LIBS = -lecgi -lmysqlclient -lz
app_LIB_DIRS = -L/usr/local/lib/mysql

include ${GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES}/tool.make
-----

Error message:

Bus error (core dumped)

Another problem is that I have no clue what kind of command line
GNUmakefile generates.

I cannot help you with the rest of your problem (I seem to remember to have seen it before on the mailing list), but to see the command line GNUstep make uses just type:

make messages=yes

Fred