Re: Graphics in an RTF document?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Graphics in an RTF document?
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:53:22 +0200

Sašo Kiselkov wrote:
> How do I include graphics in an RTF document? Drag'n'drop of course works, but
> when I later load the resulting RTFD document, only the filename of the
> included file in the rtfd wrapper appears - the output converter for RTF knows
> "\NeXTGraphic" and the input converter doesn't? Is GNUstep still lacking
> support for graphics in RTF or am I just doing something terribly wrong?

This is not your fault, but the result of missing functionality in
GNUstep. First of all should Ink save a text that contains a picture as
RTFD not just RTF. We also should think about moving form \NeXtGraphic
to \object, which is a more recent concept from Microsoft. But what is
actually stopping you is missing support for the \NeXTGraphic keyword in
the RTF reader.
As currently nobody is working on this area, perhaps adding this is a
nice starting point for contributions to GNUstep?

Fred