Re: Using Objective-C code with BISON in the GNUmakefile

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: Using Objective-C code with BISON in the GNUmakefile
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 09:20:38 +0100

On 5.1.2006, at 19:05, Nate Smith wrote:

Hello everyone,

In my GNUmakefile I specify a parser, parser.y, that is translated by
BISON into parser.c, which is then compiled as a C program. The problem is, parser.y contains Objective-C code, and hence I get pages and pages
of errors when parser.c is compiled.

I can't find any settings to change in the GNUmakefile to make parser.c be compiled using an Objective-C compiler. I tried renaming parser.c to parser.m, and putting parser.m in my OBJC_FILES string, and (of course)
tried putting parser.c in my C_FILES string. I tried changing the %.c:
%.y rule to use an objective-c compiler as well. All to no avail. The
only user-changeable setting in this regard seems to be YACC_FLAGS.

Am I missing something simple here? Thanks for any help.

See dev-libs/StepTalk/Languages/Smalltalk/GNUmakefile in the GNUstep repository (*)

BUNDLE_NAME        = Smalltalk
Smalltalk_OBJC_FILES = \
        STGrammar.m \

STGrammar.m: STGrammar.y
        $(BISON) -p STC -o $@ $<

Stefan Urbanek

(*) - http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/gnustep/dev-libs/StepTalk/ Languages/Smalltalk/GNUmakefile?rev=1.12&root=gnustep&view=auto

--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi