Re: More info on gdomap/gdnc error

From: Birch Browning
Subject: Re: More info on gdomap/gdnc error
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:03:01 -0700 (PDT)

I'm running gentoo.

The suggestion to add:
defaults write NSGlobalDomain NSPortIsMessagePort NO
does result in the applications being run as a regular user. There is an error report:

NSSocketPortNameServer unable to unregister 'Ink'.

While it does work now (which will result in fewer emails to the list), this doesn't seem like the correct behavior as I did not need the defaults line before, and I don't know what possible consequences might arise I later ( the theory of unexpected consequences).

Thanks for the help.

On 2006-08-29 17:58:24 -0600 Birch Browning
wrote:

> Sorry for the traffic ...
>
> Some additional information gathered from scouring the bug list:

What system were you running on again?