Need help getting started

From: Lorenzo Thurman
Subject: Need help getting started
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 08:40:57 -0600

Maybe I'm a little thick, but I don't know how to get applications installed with GNUStep under Windows XP. I downloaded and installed the console (MSYS), but I don't know how to proceed from there. I downloaded a couple of programs to compile and install, but I don't know what to do with them. I thought I should place them in the C:\GNUStep folder somehere and then I would compile from the command line, but they don't show up anywhere inside the console. I've looked at the getting started guide, but it was no help, so I'm stuck with only the console installed.
Any pointers appreciated.
Thanks