Re: Character class

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Character class
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 13:00:47 +0200

Am Samstag, den 16.08.2008, 09:26 +0200 schrieb Michael Thaler:
> I am trying to write a scientific calculator for GNUstep. The
> calculator should use a parser to parse formulars. For the parser I
> need a character class that has methods like IsDigit, IsLetter,
> IsWhitespace. I briefly looked at the gnustep-base documentation and
> couldn't find any. Is there a character class or do I have to write it
> myself?

There is no class for single characters.  There is a unichar type and I
believe what you are looking for is:

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Base/Reference/index.html
[http://tinyurl.com/5wm8kv]

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Classes/NSCharacterSet_Class/Reference/Reference.html
[http://tinyurl.com/6754gg]

which provide -characterIsMember: for special character sets.

Cheers,
David