help-gnutls

2.x 3.x API compatibility -- addendum

From: MK
Subject: 2.x 3.x API compatibility -- addendum
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:46:38 -0400

I realized after sending the last email it might seem I am talking
about forward compatibility, and maybe I am depending on how I proceed
(but I don't expect anyone else to be concerned with the issue in that
case).

If I take the sane route and develop against 2.12 to provide for
systems where there is no other choice, most of my targets will still be
x86 systems using 3.2. So my question is: is it an explicit goal to
keep 3.2+ compatible with code written for 2.12?   This seems kind of
important since GNUTLS-SA-2014-2 will only be corrected in the
gitorious 2.12 and 3.2.12+, a big jump.