help-gnutrition

Re: [help-gnutrition] Problem installing GNUtrition, Python 3.2

From: Cory Koch
Subject: Re: [help-gnutrition] Problem installing GNUtrition, Python 3.2
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 16:59:14 -0400

Hi Bastien,

I think I may have just figured out how to fix your problem, as I was having a
similar problem the other day with a Python app.

Execute the commands below and then try to run gnutrition:

//  First we will check which version of python your computer is using as
//  "default"  I am assuming that it will be Python 3 if so then :) continue
//  to step two.
1.) python --version

// Now that we have found that the "Default" version of Python is 3 we will
// change the symbolic link.

2.) whereis python
    ls -l <location of python on my computer this was /usr/bin/python>
    //Observe that python is just a symbolic link to a version of python.
    // We will now remove the old symbolic link so that we can replace it.

    rm /usr/bin/python  // Note make sure to replace with your location.

// Now that we have removed the old symbolic link we will create a new one
3.) ln -s /usr/bin/python2 /usr/bin/python   // NOTE: these are the locations
on
                                          // my computer they may differ on
                                          // yours.

NOTE: the symbolic link python2 may or may not exist on your machine,
      so first check that it does by using
      whereis python
      use ls -l on the path of python2 if it exists to verify that it points
      to python 2.x.x

      if it does not exist you can create it with
      ln -s /usr/bin/python2.7 /usr/bin/python2

Now that we have changed the symbolic link to point to python2
4.) we can now run gnutrion with
    gnutrition.

For further information on symbolic links see \
man ln

I hope that this fixes you problem

sincerely,

Cory Koch