help-gnutrition

[help-gnutrition] Add and edit custom nutritional information

From: Jason Self
Subject: [help-gnutrition] Add and edit custom nutritional information
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 15:05:41 -0400

Sarah asked:
> Is it possible to add a new custom food and manually enter the nutritional
> information? How to do this?
>
> Can I modify the nutritional information of an existing food?

Sure. There's no currently no way to do it from within GNUtrition but
everything is stored in the database so use any program that can work
with SQLite databases should work for you. Just edit the database directly.

I plan to add this ability to GNUtrition in a future version.

Database documentation can be found online at the USDA website:
http://www.ars.usda.gov/Services/docs.htm?docid=8964

--
Jason Self
Project Maintainer