help-gnuzilla

Re: ./mach build error and other requests

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: ./mach build error and other requests
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 09:56:31 -0400

please do not cross-post - this is obviously a support question;
so i will reply to the 'help' list

On Fri, 24 Sep 2021 20:28:57 +0200 kesazmarango wrote:
> The details of the failure are as follows:
>
> Exception: Could not find a suitable make implementation.

that suggests to me that you do not have the 'make' program
installed on your computer

if you are running a debian-based distro, it is
recommended to install the 'build-essential' package set before
attempting to compile any softare

  # apt install build-essential

the equivalent on an arch-based distro is 'base-devel'

  # pacman -Sy base-devel

(sry, i can not remember the equivalent for fedora  or other
distro strains)

if the documentation needs updating, it is not yet clear what to
update it with - more information about your system would be
needed