help-gnuzilla

Compiling Icecat 102 esr

From: Richmond
Subject: Compiling Icecat 102 esr
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 22:19:06 +0100

Hi. Has anyone compiled Icecat recently and could provide some
instructions? I got quite a long way through the process on Debian but
using ./mach build etc which are not in the icecat instructions. The
icecat instructions say use ./configure but there was no such file.
After many hours the build failed with an error. I don't have a record
of it now. I had to install rustc and cargo etc at recent versions from
the rust website. If building involves downloading components, what is
the license of these components?

The process compiled with clang, but does that mean it uses llvm? The
license says Binaries derived from LLVM must reproduce the copyright
notice (e.g. in an included readme file).