help-grub

nativedisk ahci -- no disks

From: Brian J. Murrell
Subject: nativedisk ahci -- no disks
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 07:14:11 -0500

With GRUB 2.02 and a SATA disk, and AHCI mode enabled in the BIOS, I am
able to do:

grub> ls
(hd0) (hd0,msdisk6) (hd0,msdisk5) (hd0,msdisk3) (hd0,msdisk2) (hd0,msdisk1)
grub> nativedisk ahci
grub> ls

grub> ls

But as you can see, once I switch to nativedisk ahci, GRUB doesn't see
any disks at all.

In a previous thread Andrei said he's not sure if this is even
possible.  I'm just wondering if anyone has experience that says
otherwise -- that they are able to continue to see disks (even if at a
different name) after entering nativedisk with the ahci module.

Cheers,
b.