help-grub

Re: GRUB_DEFAULT=saved with GRUB_SAVEDEFAULT=true doesn't work here

From: Ulf Zibis
Subject: Re: GRUB_DEFAULT=saved with GRUB_SAVEDEFAULT=true doesn't work here
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 01:23:11 +0200

Am 21.10.21 um 21:25 schrieb Andrei Borzenkov:
On 21.10.2021 21:32, Ulf Zibis wrote:
So it seems, that I still should use "menuentry" in the primary grub.cfg
and should unset $chosen (or better clear with "$chosen=" ?) inside the
"menuentry" before I execute "configfile", as a workaround.

Yes, that should work too and is better.

To be exact, I don't have another choice, because the 2nd grub.cfg is
auto-generated from Ubuntu and will be overwritten each time, if a kernel
update happens. So editing it manually is no good idea.

First I tried "set chosen=", but that didn't work, because after execution of a menuentry,
the value always was prefixed by '>' . So I had to use "unset chosen".

For the record I attach the files, which now work fine.