help-gss

Re: gss test suite failure with Kerberos5

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: gss test suite failure with Kerberos5
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 14:49:54 +0200

"Theodoros V. Kalamatianos" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to package GNU gss for my Linux system, but I am getting a
> failure in the test suite. In particular the krb5context test always
> fails. I have tried gss-0.0.17, as well as gss-20060518.tar.gz from
> the CVS snapshots with the same results. I have attached the log of
> running that particular test. I am using the latest gnutls, gsasl,
> shishi, libgpg-error e.t.c. stable releases, but even slightly older
> versions produced the same error. I am currently running on glibc-2.4
> and gcc-3.4.1.
>
> Is this failure important ? Is there a fix/workaround ? I would try to
> track this down myself, but I have rather limited knowledge on
> cryptography, let alone gss internals. I'll be happy to provide any
> additional information, though.

Hello, and thanks for your interest!

I was able to reproduce this, and I'll look into fixing it.  I suspect
it is caused by recent changes in shishi wrt AP-REQ's, since gss used
to work and hasn't changed during several shishi changes.  Most
likely, gss will have to be updated to conform with new shishi
behaviour, unless shishi is buggy.

I'm attending a conference next week, so I may not have time until the
next weekend or so.

Thanks,
Simon