help-gss

Re: PAM vs GSSAPI?

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: PAM vs GSSAPI?
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:25:17 +0100

Hi!  As a student you have a lot of flexibility, and can pretty much
propose anything you'd like, however it will be evaluated by all the
other mentors, so co-ordination leads to a higher chance of
acceptance.

I submitted a PAM project idea to the GNU project list, but it hasn't
been published yet:

http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas.html

+<li>Improve the PAM module for host-based authentication using Shishi,
+possibly including a mechanism to automatically create Kerberos
+principals for existing "password"-based users, to allow smooth
+transition.

Have a look at the 2006 ideas too in case you find something of
interest:

http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2006.html#gss
http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2006.html#shishi

Btw, the Google deadline seem to be March 26, not the 24th which I
might have said earlier.

I'm also the mentor for some other projects too:

http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2006.html#gnutls
http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2006.html#libidn
http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2006.html#sasl

/Simon