help-gss

Re: gss 1.0.3 doesn't build on OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard due to use o

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: gss 1.0.3 doesn't build on OS X Leopard or Snow Leopard due to use of getline()
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 15:50:32 +0200

"Richard L. Hamilton" <rlhamil@smart.net> writes:

> Earlier versions of OS X don't provide getline(), so gss 1.0.3 won't
> link on those systems.  Perhaps a compatibility implementation of
> getline() should be included and conditionally used for such cases.
> It might take actually linking a test program to determine whether the
> system provided it, since the OS X versions that do have getline(),
> have it in a rather non-obvious location (an additional library
> brought in by one of the main system libraries).

Hi. Thanks for the report, and sorry for somewhat slow reply.  This
should be fixed with recently released version 1.0.4.  I haven't tried
building on Mac OS, but the problem was discovered for MinGW as well
which we do CI/CD testing against and the 'getline' module from gnulib
most likely fixes the issue for Mac OS as well -- please test it!

/Simon