help-guix

Which Emacs version used to build Emacs packages with emacs-checkout?

From: Oleg Pykhalov
Subject: Which Emacs version used to build Emacs packages with emacs-checkout?
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2017 21:49:14 +0300

Hello Guix,

Here is a =emacs-checkout= snippet which works for me.  Enjoy it if
somebody need it.

I'm little bit confused about Emacs **version** that is used inside
=emacs-build-systems= and inputs which use =emacs-minimal=.

If I define a new package with =-checkout= suffix and install it, for
example =guix package -i address@hidden it works fine.

As I notice all packages which uses =emacs-build-system= will use
original Guix Emacs version package.  Am I right?

Then, all Emacs packages will be build by =emacs-minimal= which is
original Guix Emacs version.

I found =(setq load-prefer-newer t)= way to avoid loading old compiled
elisp files, but it's not what I really want.

Thoughts?  :-)