help-guix

Re: Need some help to remove non-free documentation

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Need some help to remove non-free documentation
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 16:24:10 +0200

Hello Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> skribis:

> I'm trying to remove non-free documentation from "giac-xcas" package.
>
> It involves removing some files from "doc/" subdirectory in source and
> updating "Makefile.am". As a consequence, "Makefile.in" has to be
> updated accordingly. Pain ensues.

:-)

What I would do in a ‘snippet’ or the origin is:

  1. rm -rf doc

  2. Remove “doc” from the ‘SUBDIRS’ variable of the top-level
     Makefile.in.

That way you won’t need to regenerate the build files.

Does that make sense or am I too naive?

(Besides we should get in touch with the folks at Grenoble University to
see if they would agree to liberating the docs.  Perhaps Debian people
already attempted?)

HTH!

Ludo’.