help-guix

Re: Ever-growing store with --gc-keep-outputs?

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Ever-growing store with --gc-keep-outputs?
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2018 11:58:29 +0100

> : > When I want to free up some disk space, I do the following steps:
> : >
> : > (1) update my user profiles and delete old generations
> : > (2) delete older generations in /var/guix/profiles (but always
> : >      keeping the one referenced by /run/booted-system!)
> : > (3) reconfigure the system to remove the old system profiles from
> : >      grub.cfg
> : > (4) guix gc
> : This would be nice to have in the manual I think.
>
> Would you like to propose a patch?

Note that for a while Guix now suggest (1) and (4) when the store is low on
space.

I like interactive help, I think it reaches a wider audience than just the
manual.
Having both is also great, at the expense of risking inconsistencies if one is
updated but not the other.

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/