help-guix

Re: Chances of installing Guix on the upcoming Pinebook Pro Laptop?

From: Jesse Gibbons
Subject: Re: Chances of installing Guix on the upcoming Pinebook Pro Laptop?
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 10:00:02 -0600

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 16:27:32 -0600
Brian Woodcox <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hey Guix fans,
>
> As the subject line states, what are the chances?
>
> This unit is to be released soon from pine64.org.
>
> It’s arm based.
>
> I know a lot of you would like to upgrade from your Thinkpads.
>
> I was thinking of getting one myself.
>
> Brian.

Guix (the package manager) 100%. All you need to do is follow the setup
instructions in the manual.

GuixSD (the distro) is a bit more tricky. You will need to
(cross-)compile an image with a bootloader compatible with the pinebook
pro. If the pinebook pro has a particular source for uboot, you will
have to make a package from that source.