help-guix

A 'guix pull' option for 'manifest.scm' to be used in the next update

From: hub . lombard
Subject: A 'guix pull' option for 'manifest.scm' to be used in the next update
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2019 19:00:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Guix,

I have generated my own 'manifest.scm' file with '$ guix package -m
~/.config/guix/manifest.scm'

(Thanks again to iyzsong for helping me during the previous step:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2019-07/msg00139.html)

In order for 'manifest.scm' to be used in the next update, should I do
something like this:

        $ guix pull -p, --profile=PROFILE

              (using PROFILE instead of ~/.config/guix/current)

Not knowing which is the correct term to put in place of PROFILE, what can be
the actual command to launch?

        $ guix pull -p, --profile=PROFILE (?)

        $ guix pull -p, --profile=~/.guix-profile (?)

        $ guix pull -p, --profile=~/.config/guix/manifest.scm (?)

... or another thing?...

Thank you!

Hubert