help-guix

Re: how can I add a static IPv4 route?

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: how can I add a static IPv4 route?
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 13:34:10 -0500

Le 12 février 2020 13:08:46 GMT-05:00, Giovanni Biscuolo <address@hidden> a
écrit :
>Hello,
>
>I have a very simple networking configuration:
>
>--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>(service dhcp-client-service-type)
>--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
>Please how can I add a static route? (I know there is wip-netlink, but
>AFAIU it's still not in master)
>
>I found a message from Julien [1] explaining he is using a custom
>service [2] to define both IPv4 and IPv6 for the same device: do I have
>to adapt that?
>
>Since my guile-fu is very minimal, please do you have a snippet I can
>reuse apart Julien's above?
>
>Thanks! Gio'
>
>[1] Message-ID: <address@hidden>
>
>[2]
>https://framagit.org/tyreunom/system-configuration/blob/master/modules/config/network.scm

Hi,

I only use this custom service because guix doesn't provide static networking
for IPv6. However, if you don't need IPv6, I'd like to encourage you to use the
static-networking-service that's described in the manual:
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Networking-Services.html#Networking-Services

Otherwise, feel free to copy and adapt my stuff :)