help-guix

Re: How to specify custom remappings with keyboard-layout?

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: How to specify custom remappings with keyboard-layout?
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 03:05:24 +0200

On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 12:18:22AM +0200, Jakub Kądziołka wrote:
>     xmodmap -e 'keycode 62='
>
> and disable it, but I need to make this apply in GDM too. I assume I'd
> have to specify that in the keyboard-layout record, but both the
> documentation and the code aren't too clear on how I'd go about doing
> that.

Guix writes the keyboard layout in the InputClass section of
xorg.conf.  It seems what you need is more like xkbcomp:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/X_keyboard_extension#Using_keymap

You could probably use an .xinitrc file like Arch or you could patch
xorg-server to use your xkbcomp map by default.

Regards,
Florian