help-guix

Welcome to Grub!... for a minute

From: Yasuaki Kudo
Subject: Welcome to Grub!... for a minute
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 20:37:07 +0900

Hi,

I just wanted to report (although this is probably already known) that I had to
wait for a long time (probably more than a minute) staring at "Welcome to
Grub!" screen upon reboot, after accumulating thousands of guix system
generations.  I was experimenting with something and I suspected that was the
cause - sure enough, after deleting them all with guix system
delete-generations command, the delay disappeared.

Just reporting 😄