help-guix

Inject custom search specification into profile

From: Zhu Zihao
Subject: Inject custom search specification into profile
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 12:03:24 +0800

Hi, Guix users!

Recently, I read Guix cookbook and wanna separate some of my packages
into a dedicated profile.

For example, I wanna put match-theme under
~/.guix-profiles.d/theme/theme. and source
~/.guix-profiles.d/theme/theme/etc/profile in ~/.profile.

But my XFCE still unable to find matcha theme. Because there's no
XDG_DATA_DIRS definition in <path to theme profile>/etc/profile.

So, the question is, how to inject a search path specification into a
profile? I may add something like qtbase or glib to add XDG_DATA_DIRS
spec. But it's too heavy, maybe I can add a pseudo package only contains
search path spec to profile?

--
Retrieve my PGP public key: https://meta.sr.ht/~citreu.pgp

Zihao