help-guix

define PATH and PROFILE

From: Christophe Pisteur
Subject: define PATH and PROFILE
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2021 19:59:18 +0100

Hello,

sorry for the newbie question.

1) after guix pull, I get the following message:

export PATH="$HOME/.config/guix/current/bin:$PATH"
export INFOPATH="$HOME/.config/guix/current/share/info:$INFOPATH"

I don't quite understand what to type in the terminal. Should I replace
$HOME or HOME with the path of my directory, for example:

export PATH="/home/christophe/.config/guix/current/bin:$PATH"
and then:
export
INFOPATH="/home/christophe/.config/guix/current/share/info:$INFOPATH"

2) similar question with this message:

GUIX_PROFILE="/home/christophe/.guix-profile"
. "$GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile"

Is this two actions (two step in the terminal, the first line and
"enter" then the second line and "enter")?
And does the second line really begin with a dot?

In both questions (1 et 2), I have tried several options but the
terminal does not return any message (neither error nor success
message)

Again, sorry for the newbie question.

PS: I use guix system with the installer 1.2.