help-guix

Re: Find location of installed package in /gnu/store

From: Phil Beadling
Subject: Re: Find location of installed package in /gnu/store
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 17:27:21 +0100

> Thanks for both answers on this - it's been an interesting rabbit hole.
> Edouard's script gave me the version of icedtea-8 exactly as sourced by:

guix environment --ad-hoc icedtea:jdk

I managed to simplify the script down to a one-liner - giving the same
version as Edourard's:
(display (run-with-store (open-connection) (package-file icedtea-8 #:output
"jdk")))

Bjoern was correct that this was not the version I was looking for - but
having rethought my dependency issue - I managed to solve it a different
way using substitute* to patch the relevent files at build-time.

Still, I learnt quite a bit about the gexps, the store, and patching - so
time well spent - thanks again :-)