help-guix

Re: What Python IDE are you using?

From: Luis Felipe
Subject: Re: What Python IDE are you using?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 13:26:32 +0000

On Tuesday, August 23rd, 2022 at 16:52, Luis Felipe
<luis.felipe.la@protonmail.com> wrote:

> Hi raingloom,
>

> On Tuesday, August 23rd, 2022 at 11:34, Csepp raingloom@riseup.net wrote:
>

> > kakoune + kak-lsp + python-lsp-server + python-black + mypy, maybe a
> > kakoune editorconfig plugin too
> >

> > I load it in a guix shell and blamo, nice editor with pretty much every
> > IDE functionality you could dream of.
> >

> > I've used this for multiple projects at uni, IMHO it works pretty well.
>

> Oh, I didn't know about kakoune. I'll put it on the list. Thanks, raingloom :)

I think I'm going to explore vim further as my fallback editor. It seems like
that's the first step to understand kakoune (I couldn't get started with
kakoune Get started! document :]).

raingloom, did you move from vim to kakoune? If that was the case, did you
found something annoying when programming Python in vim?