help-guix

Re: How can I install an emacs package with Guix without restarting emac

From: jgart
Subject: Re: How can I install an emacs package with Guix without restarting emacs
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 17:45:22 -0500

On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 21:47:23 +0100 "(" <paren@disroot.org> wrote:
> On Sat Aug 27, 2022 at 7:50 PM BST, jgart wrote:
> > Should I use emacs-exec-path-from-shell?
> >
> > Or, is there some other way?
>
> I just load-file the new `~/.guix-home/profile/share/emacs/site-lisp` files.
> Ideally emacs-guix would be able to do that automatically, though it doesn't
> seem to have any feature like that at the moment.
>
>     -- (

wdyt of https://github.com/purcell/exec-path-from-shell

for this use case?

or writing a function to load the environment variables on a keybinding?

or bloat? just use (load-file "~/.guix-home/profile/share/emacs/site-lisp") and
bind it?

(define-key global-key-map
            (kdb "C-S-foo")
            #'(lambda ()
               (load-file "~/.guix-home/profile/share/emacs/site-lisp")))