help-guix

Re: tor

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: tor
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 18:32:26 +0000

As far as I understand you I can delete the package:
tor-client and tor-socks, because I have tor installed.
Am I right?

I checked the Archive, but I didn't find useful information for me.
May be I overread it.

It is too difficult for me to use chroots in Guix System
because I don't know how to set it up.

I also don't know at the moment how to use a container in Guix.

I checked the web and Tor-Browser has a Flatpak, but I don't know how to install it in Guix, may be too difficult for me at the moment.

so Tails from the usb-stick is the better solution, if I need it.

Gottfried

For Tor Browser, your best bets are containers of some sort.  I have
Arch and Debian chroots for running software that Guix can't run yet.
Maybe it has a Flatpak?  I think there might be some info on the mailing
list about running it, I know I've seen others discuss it.

Personally, I use Tails from a USB stick, it's the most secure of all
the alternatives.