help-guix

Re: How can I step through this code?

From: jgart
Subject: Re: How can I step through this code?
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2022 12:23:46 -0500

On Sat, 08 Oct 2022 15:03:54 +0000 jbranso@dismail.de wrote:
> That's smart!

Did you try it? I've been trying to understand how some Guile code works
by just throwing it in the Racket debugger. It doesn't always work but
when it does it's like driving a fancy cadillac through the stack.

It's too bad that Guile's debugger sucks compared to Racket's debugger. Maybe
someday someone will implement something amazing for that.

RE The Common Lisp debugger: It's really great but it might be a rabbit hole.

I recommend using sly or slime with sbcl if you want to go down that.