help-guix

Re: Guitar-to-USB cable in Guix System

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Guitar-to-USB cable in Guix System
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 16:39:52 -0700

Hi,

On Sun, Oct 16, 2022 at 4:22 PM Luis Felipe
<luis.felipe.la@protonmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone knows if these kinds of cables work on Guix System (or any other libre
> distribution)?

I thought about buying one of those cables but I have several USB
sound cards more or less like this one [1] that I will try first.

The special purpose guitar cables seem to be very similar but they are
only an input device and not paired with an output, which can cause
setup confusion as described here. [2] They seem to work on Linux
Mint, however [3] which probably means Guix, as well.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards
Felix Lechner

[1] https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803496474720.html