help-guix

Re: Trouble with nfs mount

From: Fredrik Salomonsson
Subject: Re: Trouble with nfs mount
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 20:39:28 +0000

Hi Remco,

Remco <remco@remworks.net> writes:

> Autofs works pretty well for me. Using the stock package and a service like
> described here:
>
>   https://www.rohleder.de/2020/07/04/autofs/

Thanks for pointing out Autofs. I did not know about it before and
indeed it works quite well for this. I based mine of what described in
the link, here's what I ended up with:

---✂----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(define (automount-shepherd-service config)
  (list (shepherd-service
         (provision '(automount))
         (documentation "Run the automount server.")
         (requirement '(networking))
         (start #~(make-forkexec-constructor
                   (list #$(file-append autofs "/sbin/automount") "-f")
                   #:log-file "/var/log/automount.log"))
         (stop #~(make-kill-destructor)))))

(define automount-service-type
  (service-type
   (name 'automount)
   (description "Run the automount server.")
   (extensions
    (list (service-extension shepherd-root-service-type
                             automount-shepherd-service)
          (service-extension rottlog-service-type
                             (const
                              (list (log-rotation
                                     (files (list "/var/log/automount.log"))))))
          (service-extension etc-service-type
                        (lambda (config)
                          `(("autofs.conf" ,(plain-file "autofs.conf" ""))
                            ("auto.master" ,(plain-file "auto.master" "\
/media  /etc/autofs/auto.valhalla  --timeout 60
"))
                            ("autofs/auto.valhalla" ,(plain-file
"auto.valhalla" "\
Valhalla  -rw,soft  fafner:/srv/nfs4/Valhalla
")))))))
   (default-value '())))

s/Fred[re]+i[ck]+/Fredrik/g