help-guix

Re: which package gets built first?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: which package gets built first?
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2022 20:40:19 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 04 Nov 2022 at 16:39, "(" <paren@disroot.org> wrote:
> On Fri Nov 4, 2022 at 9:49 AM GMT, zimoun wrote:

>> Other said, the CLI is somehow parsed from right to left.
>
> Probably because:

Well, it is because ’parse-command-line’ from (guix scripts), no?

> I suppose we could add a reverse in this procedure, defined within
> guix/scripts/package.scm's options->installable:

This would address a part of “guix package” but not “guix build” or
“guix shell” or etc.

>From my point of view, the reverse should happen in ’parse-command-line’
and so all guix/scripts/<command>.scm would be consistent.

BTW, it is somehow what “guix show” does with,

  (define opts
    (parse-command-line args %options (list (list))
                        #:build-options? #f
                        #:argument-handler handle-argument))

[...]

  (guix-package* (reverse opts)))

Assuming we would like to parse left-to-right. :-)

Cheers,
simon