help-guix

Re: Regex Rules

From: Christopher Rodriguez
Subject: Re: Regex Rules
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 22:54:44 -0500

>> Where can I find all the regex rules for this style of regex?
> \\ is for inputing a single \ (it needs to be etcaped in guile
> strings). Then, the rest is a Guile regexp, wgicg you can liarn about
> at
> https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Regular-Expressions.html.
>
> The manual says it's POSIX regexp, whatever that means :)

My $0.02:

When I dove into it a while ago, I was able to make progress once I
realized Regexps in Guile conform to POSIX Extended Regular Expressions
[1], with the added caveat of having to escape them as strings [2].

[1]: https://www.regular-expressions.info/posix.html
[2]: https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/String-Syntax.html

--
Christopher Rodriguez