help-guix

Re: Auto-Login to a Specific TTY

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: Auto-Login to a Specific TTY
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2022 09:34:47 -0500

Raghav Gururajan <rg@raghavgururajan.name> writes:

> Joshua,
>
> Any you still using `Auto-Login to a Specific TTY` guide mentioned in cookbook
> [1]?
>
> I'm getting the message `Error in service module` in TTT and doesn't
> auto-login.
>
> Here are references to my config, [2] and [3].
>
> Any ideas?

This has been broken for me for at least a year.  :(

The relevant bug report is #56958.

The bug report also includes a vm, which the last time I tested did let
you autologin to tty1, but not any others.

I've since moved to seatd, which apparently doesn't support autologin.
So for now, I am just not worrying about autologin to tty.  :)