help-guix

Re: VPN

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Re: VPN
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 00:21:29 -0500

Benjamin,

I'm also curious about this. I've found the official MullvadVPN app (installed
via Nix) on Guix seems to end up with sporadic DNS problems.

If you're okay with limited servers, you can use bitmask through bitmask-service-type, which uses RiseupVPN by default. It does a good job of preventing DNS leaks.

STEPS:
[1] Add bitmask-service-type and lxqt-policykit-agent to system config.
[2] System reconfigure.
[3] In terminal, run `lxqt-policykit-agent && bitmask`.

Regards,
RG.